The Managing Mental Health Course
Mental Health Training for managers, supervisors and HR professionals
Training for Managers to Support Staff with Mental Health Issues
Mental health training for managers is essential for businesses that want to support the mental wellbeing of their employees.
This 6 to 7-hour course is designed to support anyone involved in the management of people, such as line managers, supervisors, HR professionals and occupational health staff.
The course will provide practical guidance and give attendees the skills and confidence to have those difficult, and often challenging, conversations around mental health and wellbeing.
Mental Health Training for Managers learning objectives
The New Leaf Managing Mental Health Course comprises of four modules, giving your managers a baseline understanding of mental health and the core skills to promote mental wellbeing, as well as contextualising all of this learning from a management perspective.
The course is designed to support your managers to:
- Improve emotional intelligence and understanding of mental health at work.
- Recognise the legislation and guidelines around mental health at work.
- Learn how to manage stress, improve resilience and break down stigma.
- Build trusting relationships by effective listening.
- Know the referral processes and what to do in a crisis.
- Adopt the mantra of looking after “yourself” as well as others.
- Recognise how to establish boundaries and understand the principles of safeguarding for vulnerable staff.